Ancient Lutheran church being restored in Odesa region

21 July 2017, 10:20 | Restoration, maintainance of cultural inheritance | 0 |   | Code for Blog |  | 


In Dolynivka village (Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky district) the restoration of an ancient church is underway. At the expense of the local budget, they are currently installing a fence, which will protect the building from the destruction and intrusion of offender.

The community leadership wants the church to continue functioning as the center of German culture or the original museum of village history, which would familiarize visitors with local cultural and historical coloring.


The rise of the village Dolynivka (formerly called Stara Poshtal) is associated with the village of Demydivka, which is located one kilometer therefrom. In the XIX century, the lands of this region were acquired by landowner Demidov who invited settlers for their cultivation. Every year the number of households was increasing. Later, in 1864, a German Gottfried Schulz bought the land of Poshtal from Princess Kochubei, after which he sold it to 45 peasants, the Germans who founded the settlement of Poshtal. From 1864 to 1940 this village became an exemplary German commune, which built a brick factory, a printing house, a club and a beautiful, majestic church. From the time of construction, it served as one of the main temples of the German colonists of Acermann County.


The church was led by Pastor Adolf Gerter, who served 16 religious communities in the Acrema County. A church choir was operating at the which comprised women, men, and children. Also, a parochial school was operating, in which all the children of the district studied. The number of parishioners increased at the expense of both local and residents of neighboring villages.


After the arrival of Soviet power, the church was plundered and destroyed, and the German settlers were evicted and repressed.


Now there is no roof in the church, the bell was destroyed, windows and doors were knocked out. However, despite this, the building is one of the most beautiful temples built by the German colonists in the Odessa region that has survived until now. This is a three-level Neo-Gothic structure, created by the type of basilica. The decoration of the church was a pointed arch and a massive mechanical watch. Stairs in the temple began from the gate itself, and the courtyard was fenced with a white fence of stones.

Система Orphus
0comments count


add comments 

    Сan leave comments only to registered visitors Еnter

    Latest news

    Last comments

    • В. Ясеневий | 17 March 2018, 15:09

      Припускаю ,що по перше і найшвидше подіяв би заклик до примирення між ХРИСТИЯНАМИ(РИМО-КАТОЛИКАМИ)ПОЛЯКАМИ І - ХРИСТИЯНАМИ УГКЦ І ПРАВОСЛАВНИМИ УКРАЇНЦЯМИ. А тоді вже і політикам не було б куда

    • | 17 March 2018, 10:14

      Крім того, це якраз активна й пряма участь російської вояччини у цьому - дуже жорстокому й кривавому збройному конфлікті в Сирії, що триває вже майже СІМ років, значно збільшує масштаби тамтешніх

    • | 17 March 2018, 09:45

      Якраз усе навпаки. Тобто всім - незаанґажованим і об'єктивним - людям добре відомо, що це саме Кремль-ФСБ активно спонсорує і підтримує - як праві та праворадикальні, так і ліві й ультраліві

    • Магадан | 17 March 2018, 09:15

      не кремль підтримав перевороти в сиріі, лівіі, іраці завдяки яким почалася міграція в європу,що і викликало прихід правих партій в європі. святослав все перекрутив

    • Магадан | 17 March 2018, 09:14

      не кремль підтримав перевороти в сиріі, лівіі, іраці завдяки яким почалася міграція в європу,що і викликало прихід правих партій в європі. святослав все перекрутив

    Most Popular Articles month