• Home page
  • News
  • UGCC Primate on WYD: “I’d like to show to the Holy Father our great treasure - Ukrainian Christian believing youth”...

UGCC Primate on WYD: “I’d like to show to the Holy Father our great treasure - Ukrainian Christian believing youth”

28.07.2016, 12:23
UGCC Primate on WYD: “I’d like to show to the Holy Father our great treasure - Ukrainian Christian believing youth” - фото 1
For Ukrainian youth, according to the Primate of the UGCC, this is an extraordinary opportunity to tell the truth about the events in Ukraine, “about faith and hope of Ukraine’s Christians who, being in the situation of war, remain the believing people of God.”

This time the World Youth Day coincides with the remembrance of the Holy Prince Volodymyr. I think that this day when we renew our baptismal vows in all parishes, our youth will have the opportunity to witness their faith to the young Christians from all over the world. Today the young Christian believing young people are a great treasure of Ukraine and the world must see this treasure.

УГКЦ_на_СДМ.jpg

This opinion was expressed by the UGCC Primate, His Beatitude Sviatoslav, as he shared his expectations for the World Youth Days in Krakow (Poland).

According to the official data, more than five thousand people in Ukraine have registered to participate in WYD: “I hope that there will be even more. I urge everyone to actively participate in this event because it is a unique opportunity for sharing the faith for young people from around the world, making new friends, having interesting meetings.”

For Ukrainian youth, according to the Primate of the UGCC, this is an extraordinary opportunity to tell the truth about the events in Ukraine, “about faith and hope of Ukraine’s Christians who, being in the situation of war, remain the believing people of God.”

“Dear boys and girls, I want to present you to the Holy Father as our great treasure! I believe we have something to say to the world and have something to show Europe. We have a special gift and opportunity in the year of God’s mercy, together with the Holy Father to pray for God's mercy and peace for Ukraine,” the patriarch said.

UGCC Information Department