• Home page
  • News
  • Russians attempted to buy out the remains of St Yaroslav the Wise...

Russians attempted to buy out the remains of St Yaroslav the Wise

18.02.2018, 10:26
Russia tried to buy out the remains of Yaroslav the Wise for $ 2 million. It was reported to Express-online by Nelya Kukovalska, director general of the National Reserve “St Sofia of Kyiv.”

Russia tried to buy out the remains of Yaroslav the Wise for $ 2 million. It was reported to Express-online by Nelya Kukovalska, director general of the National Reserve “St Sofia of Kyiv.”

“I received a written testimony from a person who participated in such auctions in 2016-2017,” Nelja Kukovalska reported to Express-online. “The meeting was attended by representatives of Russia, as well as the priests of the Holy Trinity Church in Brooklyn, where, as I was told, the remains of Yaroslav the Wise were kept.

The Russians offered 2 million dollars, however, this amount was not enough for priests. One more reason for the refusal - the clergy representatives were afraid to do so, as the US Department of Justice received a letter from Ukraine on the search for the remains of our prince.

However, I am sure that the Russians have not abandoned this idea. I also know that a special group of scientists has been organized in Russia to investigate all material concerning the relics of Yaroslav the Wise. "

Meanwhile, a delegation of Ukrainian priests recently visited the United States, where representatives of the Holy Trinity Church discussed an expert examination of the icon of St Mykola Mokryy (St Nicholas the Wet), which was taken from Kyiv together with the Prince’s remains in 1943.