• Home page
  • News
  • UGCC Patriarch conveyed condolences to the family of Bohdan Hawrylyshyn...

UGCC Patriarch conveyed condolences to the family of Bohdan Hawrylyshyn

26.10.2016, 11:39
UGCC Patriarch conveyed condolences to the family of Bohdan Hawrylyshyn - фото 1
It is with great sorrow that I learnt the news about the departure to our Lord Jesus Christ for eternal reward of the beloved man, father and grandfather - Mr. Bohdan Hawrylyshyn. On behalf of the Synod of Bishops from me personally I would like to convey condolences to all of you and assure you in my prayers in intention for the departed.

gavrylyshyn_b.jpg-fff.jpgIt is with great sorrow that I learnt the news about the departure to our Lord Jesus Christ for eternal reward of the beloved man, father and grandfather - Mr. Bohdan Hawrylyshyn. On behalf of the Synod of Bishops from me personally I would like to convey condolences to all of you and assure you in my prayers in intention for the departed.

The UGCC patriarch wrote it in a letter of condolence to Mrs. Lena Hawrylyshyn over the death of her husband.

The patriarch recalled that recently Mr. Bogdan had celebrated the 90th anniversary. Hundreds of people, particularly young people, attended this celebration, "We have seen what a person who believes in God and lives in Ukraine can do."

In a letter, Patriarch Sviatoslav stressed that “throughout his life, which was not always easy and peaceful, Bohdan not only expected for the better, but also made sacrificial effort, managed to create and develop projects that brought hundredfold fruit, for which he deserved a worldwide appreciation.”

“After the death of Mr. Bogdan not only your family, but our entire state orphaned, which is now sadly bids farewell to his loyal son. But as believers, we should rejoice, trusting in God's mercy, we believe that the Lord has prepared for the newly reposed much more than he could comprehend here on earth”, reads the letter.

According to the Information Department of UGCC, funeral celebrations are set to begin on Friday, October 28, 2016 at 16:00 in the church of St. Nicholas, which is located near Askold's Grave in Kyiv. During the night vigils the scouts will be on guard and prayer services will be performed with the participation of various Kyiv choirs.