• Home page
  • News
  • Ukrainian family moved Pope’s heart with testimony of their faith...

Ukrainian family moved Pope’s heart with testimony of their faith

28.09.2015, 15:01
Ukrainian family moved Pope’s heart with testimony of their faith - фото 1
The family, which moved from Ivano-Frankivsk to the US, met with the Pope. It happened during a family holiday in the framework of the VIII Summit of families in Philadelphia with the participation of Pope Francis.

AP3094708_Artic-ggg.jpgThe family, which moved from Ivano-Frankivsk to the US, met with the Pope. It happened during a family holiday in the framework of the VIII Summit of families in Philadelphia with the participation of Pope Francis.

Lesia Vasyliv from Ivano-Frankivsk, who now lives in the US, shared her testimony of faith in the family life, who has a sick child. She came together with her sons, Borys, suffering cerebral palsy, and Bohdan, who studies to become a priest, reports GALKA.IF.UA citing Vatican Radio.

The woman said that the disease did not affect the will for life of her 17-year-old son Borys. He plans to create a special computer program for sick children. In two years he will graduate from school and is now looking for a college to study the programming and make his dreamcome true.

“Some people believe that Boris is a burden, but I do not think so. I draw my inspiration from looking at how well he is learning in school and doing everything else,” Lesya Vasyliv said.

Pope Francis listened with great emotion the testimony of Ms. Lesya, looked at her sons - Bohdan clothed in a seminarian robe and Borys wearing embroidery and sitting in a wheelchair. Then the Holy Father rose from his chair and went to the podium to personally congratulate this family. With great tenderness he embraced and kissed happy Borys, greeted his mother and brother with affection. During the homily, Ms. Lesya and sons stood next to the Pope.