• Home page
  • News
  • Patriarch Filaret wishes Volodymyr Zelensky continuation of Euro-Atlantic course of Ukraine...

Patriarch Filaret wishes Volodymyr Zelensky continuation of Euro-Atlantic course of Ukraine

23.04.2019, 10:13
Patriarch Emeritus Filaret congratulated Volodymyr Zelensky on victory in the presidential election race.

Patriarch Emeritus Filaret congratulated Volodymyr Zelensky on victory in the presidential election race.

He wrote about it on Facebook, according to Ukrinform.

“I want to sincerely congratulate you on the victory and express  hope that you will be aware of the trust of our people and will continue the statebuilding, pro-European and Euro-Atlantic course of Ukraine. Ukrainians have once again defended these values ​​on the Maidan and are defending them in the war with the Russian aggressor,” says the post.

According to the Patriarch Emeritus, in the presidential election the Ukrainian people demonstrated high standards of democracy.

The hierarch noted that the elections took place at a difficult time when Russian aggression against Ukraine continued. Therefore, he said, now Ukrainians need unity and national consolidation.

“The vast majority of our fellow citizens voted for you because they sought peace and a more determined fight against corruption. Corruption is a terrible misfortune that has been destroying our country for years, undermining the trust not only of our own citizens but also of international partners. I hope that you will have strength to radically change the situation and begin a real struggle against this evil,” emphasized the Patriarch Emeritus.

He stressed that the consolidation of all pro-Ukrainian and statist forces in the name of a better future of Ukraine, all people will be the first task in the office of the President.

“The Church and I as a patriarch are ready to help you in this,” said the bishop.

According to the Central Electoral Commission, it was found during the processing of 99.3% of electronic protocols that Volodymyr Zelensky leads the polls, in which 73.23% of voters cast their votes for him. 24.44% of voters cast their votes for Petro Poroshenko.