• Home page
  • News
  • Zelensky: I will not broadcast my church attendance, but will take oath on the Gospel...

Zelensky: I will not broadcast my church attendance, but will take oath on the Gospel

18.04.2019, 10:36
Presidential candidate Volodymyr Zelensky shared his attitude to religion and the vision of its role in the life of the president.

Presidential candidate Volodymyr Zelensky shared his attitude to religion and the vision of its role in the life of the president.

He told about it in an interview with "RBC-Ukraine", Hromadske reports.

“There are things that we never discuss at the table in my family. My father taught me so. I never discuss them with anyone. Religion is the number one issue. We never discuss things that split families and society. I never do it. Never. But I believe in God if this is your question,” Zelensky responded to a journalist's question about whether he was a religious person.

Many presidents of Ukraine, politicians were overtly religious.

When asked whether he would go to the Church services and broadcast it as many presidents of Ukraine did, Zelensky said: “Honestly speaking, I believe that this is my personal affair, my inner issue. And, frankly, I would hate broadcasting it to the whole world. This may be one of those rare moments I can spend with my family without journalists, without cameras. It's not about journalists and cameras. Well, it seems to me that not everyone needs this.”

At the same time, the presidential candidate noted that he would take an oath in the gospel if he became the president.

“Listen, there are things, there are traditions that nobody wants to break. No one will violate the law and traditions,” he said.