• Home page
  • News
  • Head of Crimean occupation authorities stands for Orthodox monarchy...

Head of Crimean occupation authorities stands for Orthodox monarchy

15.03.2017, 10:42
The so-called head of Crimea believes that the president of Russia needs more power. “Why do I say that I am a president’s soldier? Because as long as there is an external enemy, in my opinion, there should be the uniformity of command. I apologize, but the president should have more rights, to the extent of dictatorship,” he said.

Russia needs such form of government like monarchy, the leader of occupation authorities of the Republic of Crimea, Serhiy Aksyonov has said, according to Interfax-Religion. 

“We do not need such democracy in the form in which the Western media praises. (...) We have our traditional Orthodox spiritual values ​​(...). Today, in my opinion, Russia needs the monarchy,” said Aksyonov to the "First Crimean" TV channel on Tuesday night. 

“Democracy, in my opinion, is something unnecessary nowadays, in the current conditions, despite the fact that we have an external enemy. I do not mean democracy as understood by normal people, but permissiveness as many people interpret the regime of democracy,” he said.

The so-called head of Crimea believes that the president of Russia needs more power. “Why do I say that I am a president’s soldier? Because as long as there is an external enemy, in my opinion, there should be the uniformity of command. I apologize, but the president should have more rights, to the extent of dictatorship,” he said.