• Home page
  • News
  • Priest of Kyivan Patriarchate to Run for Parliamentary Election...

Priest of Kyivan Patriarchate to Run for Parliamentary Election

15.08.2012, 11:10
The senior priest of the Church of St. Peter and Paul of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyivan Patriarchate (UOC-KP) Hryhorii Bolshakov proposed himself as a parliamentary candidate representing Darnytsia District.

The senior priest of the Church of St. Peter and Paul of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyivan Patriarchate (UOC-KP) Hryhorii Bolshakov proposed himself as a parliamentary candidate representing Darnytsia District. According to segodnya.ua, Fr. Bolshakov already has considerable political experience as he was twice a deputy of the Darnytsia District Council.

According to the report, Fr. Bolshakov became a priest after he had a vision at the time of his military service.

“I could see myself in a church at the bank of a lake. Everything has been fulfilled,” said the candidate.

He runs for the election in order to resolve the problems of the poor and sick. “No one can resolve the problems of my parishioners. Everyone I approach says the church is separated from the state in our country,” complained the priest.

Fr. Bolshakov intends to canvass both in the street and in the church. “If I communicate with my parishioners, voters, who can prohibit it?” argues the priest.