• Home page
  • News
  • Parishioners of Removed Tent Church Accuse UOC-Moscow Patriarchate of Betrayal...

Parishioners of Removed Tent Church Accuse UOC-Moscow Patriarchate of Betrayal

19.05.2011, 18:01
Parishioners of Removed Tent Church Accuse UOC-Moscow Patriarchate of Betrayal - фото 1
A journalist of the newspaper 2000, Dmytro Skvortsov, who specializes in publications against “the Orange lobby” within the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate, commented on the demolition by the police of the tent church near the Supreme Council

"I myself was present near the tent church on the night when it was torn down. The parishioners reaction was: 'The adherents of the “Kyivan Patriarchate,” Yushchenko and Tymoshenko did not dare to tear us down but the “Orthodox president” liquidated us.'"

“In fact, it all looks like betrayal. For the year of its rule, the new authorities have not decided to return to the Orthodox community the church that belonged to it since the 18th century – even in view of the fact that the court decided to return the church to its legitimate owner under Yushchenko.”

“But this is betrayal not only on the part of the authorities but also of the Kyiv Metropolitanate of the Moscow Patriarchate. Today, its representatives dissociate themselves from the church, saying that the UOC did not erect it. But I was personally present when in 2005 Metropolitan Volodymyr (Sabodan) gave his blessing for the erection of the tent church near the Supreme Council and gave everything necessary for the liturgies to its intended senior priest. His Beatitude prayed there repeatedly.”