• Home page
  • News
  • President instructs to speed up elaboration of provisions on chaplaincy...

President instructs to speed up elaboration of provisions on chaplaincy

25.04.2016, 10:08
President instructs to speed up elaboration of provisions on chaplaincy - фото 1
In the course of the meeting with heads of churches and religious organizations, President Petro Poroshenko instructed to speed up elaboration of provisions on chaplaincy in the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military structures.

Президет_і_ВРЦіРО.jpg

In the course of the meeting with heads of churches and religious organizations, President Petro Poroshenko instructed to speed up elaboration of provisions on chaplaincy in the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other military structures, informs President's administration.

Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kyivan Patriarchate, Patriarch of Kyiv and All Rus’ - Ukraine Filaret conveyed to the Head of State a list from the Nationwide Council of Churches and Religious Organizations with a request to speed up the approval of provisions on chaplaincy by the Ministry of Defense.

“I will instruct to accelerate the elaboration of provisions on chaplaincy. It is important for representatives of every church to be among chaplains. Each one has his own path to God. I hope that you will join the formation and I will give respective instructions to the Ministry of Defense,” the President answered.

The Head of State emphasized the importance of developing the institute of chaplaincy in the Armed Forces and other military structures. The President reminded that the Ukrainian army had been changed significantly in the course of the last two years. Contract soldiers are a significant part of the AFU. Moral and psychological climate has also been improved. “However, the role of chaplaincy and the word of God is hard to overestimate. I am grateful to the churches actively involved in the missionary work, because Russian aggression against our state has become a difficult challenge for our county, society, me personally and for the Church,” Petro Poroshenko said adding that Ukraine had withstood the test decently.

The President informed that he had decided to sign the law that allows the establishment of educational institutions by religious organizations.