- Expеrt opinion
- Religious studies
- Religions in Ukraine
- About Us
Appeal from Patriarch Filaret to Yanukovych and Protesters: Society on Verge of Civil War
21 January 2014, 11:41 | National religious question | | 2 | | Code for Blog | |
Patriarch Filaret of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Kyivan Patrairchate (UOC-KP) January 21, 2014, published a statement on the current situation in Ukraine entitled “Remember Your Personal Responsibility.”
The UOC-KP patriarch called the current crisis the worst in the time since Ukraine gained its independence in 1991.
“In two months Ukraine is not close to overcoming the crisis, but on the contrary the conflict has only exacerbated. The first reason for this is the lack of a genuine dialogue between the sides of the conflict and the lack of concrete steps for the peaceful resolution of problems that have arisen. Instead of a dialogue, violence is escalating... More people are starting to think that methods of peaceful, non-violent resistance are ineffective ... Society is on the verge of civil war. Therefore, the church urges the president as head of state and the opposition to initiate direct, and most importantly fruitful, negotiations to get out of the crisis,” reads the statement by the head of the UOC-KP.
Patriarch Filaret appeals to:
– The protesters and armed government representatives, as well as those who give them orders: “Each of you will be responsible before God for your words and actions, for bloodshed and injury. No one can escape from this responsibility, no one will be freed!”
– Viktor Yanukovych: by law and the position that you occupy you have the most power and authority in the country, so the measure of your accountability is the highest. I urge you to choose a blessed peacekeeping path, not the path of force!
– To all believers: Pray for Ukraine, for the reconciliation of the warring sides, for overcoming strife.
UGCC organizes church-wide anticorruption movement | 27 November 2015, 15:51 | UGCC |
Moscow wants Turkey to return Cathedral of St. Sophia to Orthodox Church | 26 November 2015, 12:09 | World news |
UOC (MP) clergymen block decommunization in Donbas | 25 November 2015, 10:12 | Religion and policy |
Honoring Holodomor victims on November 28 | 24 November 2015, 10:16 | National religious question |
Ukrainian Canadian Congress launches National Holodomor Awareness Week 2015 | 24 November 2015, 09:36 | Ukrainians outside of Ukraine |
- 26 November 2015, 22:25 |
- 26 November 2015, 19:07 |
- 26 November 2015, 18:11
Маячня! Як завжди, роздувають конфлікт із нічого..краще б займалися проповіддю любові!!! Розбрату й так вистачає.. Стосовно переіменування.. як на мене, то Димитрів набагато краще звучить, ніж Бахмут. |
- 26 November 2015, 02:20 |
- 25 November 2015, 14:25 |