• Home page
  • News
  • An act of vandalism committed in the yard of a Roman-Catholic church in Nizhyn...

An act of vandalism committed in the yard of a Roman-Catholic church in Nizhyn

11.11.2014, 12:20
An act of vandalism committed in the yard of a Roman-Catholic church in Nizhyn - фото 1
Pastor of the Roman Catholic parish of the Apostles Peter and Paul in Nizhyn Fr. Yuri reported about the ruined church fence and broken glass on the bulletin board. This is not the first instance. The priest had already had to repair the wooden fence. However, this time the damage caused was more serious. The priest called the police.

Ніжин.jpgPastor of the Roman Catholic parish of the Apostles Peter and Paul in Nizhyn Fr. Yuri reported about the ruined church fence and broken glass on the bulletin board. This is not the first instance. The priest had already had to repair the wooden fence. However, this time the damage caused was more serious. The priest called the police.

“The biggest problem is that it is not the first time I gave to make repairs. The glass on the bulletin board has been struck for the fifth time. Apparently, someone dislikes the schedule of Masses. I have to repair the fence at least once a month. This time most of the fence was overthrown. The so-called barrier was broken”,said Fr. Yuri.

“A few times when I caught red-handed the people who damaged the church, they often confessed that they did it because it was not their church. I understand that these words are actually a reason to qualify such actions a crime on religious grounds. Someone teaches them that there is somehow not their church. And this is a reason to harm us. I would like to remind to all denominations, and urge pastors of all denominations to explaintheir parishioners what the Catholic Church is. Let them remind to youth and their parents that Christ taught us to love not only our neighbors, but also to love our enemies. Just have to remember this, because it is the basis of morality – to love even enemies, if we are considerd to be enemies”, said the church rector, as reported by Catholic Observer.