• Home page
  • News
  • “Russia should realize: war will be equally terrible for everyone,” Liubomyr (Husar)...

“Russia should realize: war will be equally terrible for everyone,” Liubomyr (Husar)

13.07.2016, 10:23
“Russia should realize: war will be equally terrible for everyone,” Liubomyr (Husar) - фото 1
There is a difference between peace and truce. The truce is a nonaggression pact. But this is not the desired solution. To achieve peace, both sides involved should strive for it. It cannot be so that one side wanted peace, and the other did the service: “Well, you are not going to attack.” This is only a truce. There will be no peace if only one side wants it.”

There is a difference between peace and truce. The truce is a nonaggression pact. But this is not the desired solution. To achieve peace, both sides involved should strive for it. It cannot be so that one side wanted peace, and the other did the service: “Well, you are not going to attack.” This is only a truce. There will be no peace if only one side wants it.”

huzar.jpg

His Beatitude Liubomyr, Archbishop Emeritus of the UGCC, said it in an interview with internet portal “Ogliadach,” asked whether Ukraine is to accept disadvantageous peace.

In addition, the hierarch noted that from a historical perspective it seemed difficult to hope that one day Russia would overcome its imperial complex. “But I think that sooner or later Russia would realize: it is either war or peace. And if it is war, it will be equally horrible for everyone,” said the spiritual leader of the UGCC.

His Beatitude Liubomyr says that the reasonable solution is the peace, “which will ensure calm in Europe, especially in its East,” but adds: Russia does not seem really ready for that.

“I am looking at the history. There were Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, the Soviet system. This system is still alive. Look further into the past. Russia was never quiet. This is too bad, because the war will be an unhappy solution for Russian people. Imperial ambitions will not bring this country anything,” he said and added: “May God let the Russian state leaders realize that only sincere, true peace can be useful to their people. This is what I dream about.” It was reported by the Information Department of the UGCC.