Head of UGCC in Solidarity with Participants of EuroMaidan and Warns Against Bloodshed

25 November 2013, 09:18 | Religion and policy | 0 |   | Code for Blog |  | 

Svyatoslav-Shevchuk.jpgPatriarch Sviatoslav Shevchuk is in solidarity with those who all over Ukraine went to EuroMaidan to voice their European aspirations. The patriarch, however, warns against any bloodshed.

“I want to express my solidarity with the youth and with our citizens who are not indifferent to the fate of the country and who are actively displaying their positions,” Patriarch Sviatoslav Shevchuk, head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, announced November 24, in Rome.

“We see that hundreds of thousands of people in various cities and towns in Ukraine and the world took to the streets. Today, we have seen how even tear gas was used near the building of the Cabinet of Ministers in Kyiv. Today we pray and with our prayers I want to appeal to everyone in Ukraine. With great concern we are watching the events taking place, especially today, this very day, this Sunday,” said the head of the church.

The patriarch urged “those who are in the streets, and those who today have a responsibility before the people, as our elected officials and those who are members of various civil organizations and political parties, law enforcement officials, our government – to prevent violence.”

“We will not allow the shedding of a single drop of blood, lest we destroy our future,” said the head of the UGCC.

He also called on all those present to pray for peace: “Let us pray that no hothead destroys this peace. Let us pray that in all these difficult moments, we will stay a civilized European nation to the end, which is we want to declare to the world,” said the patriarch, the Information Department of the UGCC reported.

Система Orphus
Rating
0comments count

comments

add comments 

Сan leave comments only to registered visitors Еnter

Poll

There currently no active polls

Last comments

• ivanna | 27 August 2014, 17:45

Явно, что этот пастор в церкви не ради Иисуса, а ради хлеба куса. Видимо регулярная стрижка овец, оказалось дороже Бога, раз сбежав в Россию, он считает, что если не получится построить карьеру

• Михаил | 24 August 2014, 20:05

Я думаю Константинопольский и Московский Патриархаты уж как-нибудь разберутся между собой и решат все проблемы. А помощь и советы от какой-то там псевдоцеркви под названием "УПЦ КП" им не

• Father Deacon Joseph | 23 August 2014, 17:44

I was very impressed with the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church's response to the The Russian Orthodox Patriarch's misinformation letter that was filled with distorted fact as best, and outright lies

• Любов вселенська | 22 August 2014, 17:01

Щоб ви не "патякали"все одно буде єдина православна Українська Церква!!! Всім зрозуміло?

• алена | 22 August 2014, 00:02

урааа. наконецто наша православная церковь обьединится и никакого гундяя(читай фсб)

Last news

Most Popular Articles month