Oppositional Deputies Establish Association in Support of Unified National Orthodox Church in Ukraine

11 January 2013, 14:07 | Religion and policy | 1 |   | Code for Blog |  | 

In the Supreme Council of Ukraine, an interfactional association “For a Unified National Orthodox Church” has been established. Deputy Oleh Medunytsia of the Motherland Faction has been appointed its head, Speaker Volodymyr Rybak stated at the session in the Parliament, reported UNIAN.

Let us remind the readers that a few days ago, a representative of the Party of Regions, Vadym Kolesnichenko, who heads the movement of Russians of Ukraine, was appointed head of an interfactional association “In Support of a Canonical Church.” Also, deputy Hanna Herman received a blessing from the head of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church-Moscow Patriarchate to establish a parliamentary group “For Spirituality and Freedom of Conscience.”

Система Orphus
Rating
1comments count

comments

add comments 
  • magdaljuk | 13 January 2013, 15:13
    comment comment

Черговас проба політиків поставити церкву на службу державі (Чи олігархам ))..

Сan leave comments only to registered visitors Еnter

Poll

There currently no active polls

Last comments

• Linda Knox | 18 September 2014, 05:52

You might read the Bible more carefully. Self- defense is justified while aggression is not. Perhaps you should ask, what possible justification can there be for Putin's aggression and land grab in

• Marko | 17 September 2014, 12:14

In criticising West Ukraine for being paranoid of Russia, you yourself exhibit quite a deal of your own paranoia with respect to West-Ukraine.

• mijswerdna | 17 September 2014, 11:53

Propaganda and counter-propaganda. I can say with near certainty that if Kirill and Filaret were suddenly thrust before the Almighty, He would say, "I don't know either of you. You are equally

• mijswerdna | 17 September 2014, 11:25

Bishop promoting war. What a travesty. By all means you should listen to this man instead of Christ- but only if you're willing to forego eternal life. This man is a bad shepherd. So what does this

• mijswerdna | 17 September 2014, 10:59

This man is no more "terrorist" than the distinguished members of Svoboda and Pravy Sektor. I am utterly amazed at the unholy alliance between theology and nationalism that I find on this

Most Popular Articles month