Chaplains of UGCC support the Ukrainian military

26.03.2014, 10:50
Chaplains of UGCC support the Ukrainian military - фото 1
On March 25 representatives of the Department of Military Chaplaincy the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and military chaplains held a working meeting Col. Peter Kostiuk, Advisor to the Ukrainian Minister of Defense.

капелани.jpgOn March 25 representatives of the Department of Military Chaplaincy the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and military chaplains held a working meeting Col. Peter Kostiuk, Advisor to the Ukrainian Minister of Defense.

Today the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church sends volunteers chaplains who received preparatory training to military units in the southern and south-eastern regions of Ukraine. Pastors speak with soldiers who serve on checkpoints, pray together.

"Due to the absence of the Institute of Military Chaplains we cannot give full scale support to military, but the slogan " always be around " is true: we are in the hotspots, we are near, despite the lack of legal grounds for this" - says Father Lubomyr Jaworskyy, deputy director of the Department of Military Chaplaincy the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church

Priests Lubomyr Jaworskyy and Ivan Hnativ shared their experience and thoughts after meeting with Ukrainian Army units located in the south and east of the country who protect boarders against the Russian invasion. "I was really moved when I saw the eyes of my congeners, colleagues whom I have recently blessed. It was encounter of close people - said Ivan Hnativ. - This experience gives great inner strength for  pastoral mission.. I felt that I’m needed as a pastor and this is the essence of the Church and military cooperation".